This is our detailed product review for the 1oz Sea Life 45.
We’ll provide you with all the detailed information you could need. You just need to make your own final decision.
- Made for all body types
- Lotion type goes on smoothly
- Affordable price
- Quickly absorbs into the skin
- Non-greasy formula
- Contains a variety of skin friendly ingredients such as glycerin and oatmeal seed extract
- Water resistant up to 80 minutes
- While there aren’t complaints about it staining clothing this is a consideration all the same
- It is only waterproof for 80 minutes
- There are some reports of sunscreen staining the clothing of some beachgoers who’ve used this sunscreen
Zinc oxide is considered the gold standard of sunscreens. It is very thin, somewhat translucent, and invisible to the naked eye. It still provides excellent UVA, UVA, and UVB protection, and it is not water or sweat resistant.
They used a combination, slightly different Zinc Oxide formulation than the regular, water-resistant versions. This formula is light and thin, and less likely to leave a white cast on the skin if you happen to sweat.
The texture is a little more slimy than expected, but it's nothing nasty. This is a great product for the face, not so much for the arms or legs because it's a little thick and you may end up with a white cast.
For normal to oily skin, this is a good sunscreen. It's not as strong as you might want if you have dry skin. This sunscreen is oil free, so if you have very oily skin, you may want a different natural sunscreen to go along with this one. If you don't have any sensitivity to sunscreen, go for it.
It's awesome for face. I really like this one a lot because it's even slightly cheaper than the other zinc oxide goodness, Hawaiian Tropic.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: Top 10 Best Sunscreens for Tattoos: Reviews & Guide in 2022