Whether you’re very new to tattoos or a seasoned pro, carrying gear and sitting in an uncomfortable chair for hours while sketching and working will eventually take its toll on your body. This is why having a good tattoo workstation is vital if you want the ability to provide great customer service every time.
However, finding the right tattoo workstation can be tricky. There’s such a wide range of really bad to really good ones, that it’s often hard to guess which is which.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of the best tattoo workstations on the market right now. Prepare to be blown away!
The following are the best tattoo workstations of 2018.
1. Premium Aluminum Instrument Salon Tray W/Accessory Caddy Tattoo Rolling Tray Station
- The durable aluminum design makes it long lasting
- Sturdy enough to stand up to the daily use of a professional
- Perfectly organized in two separate trays for improved convenience
- Ultra-streamlined design with lightweight frame
- Durable rolling wheels
- Easy to clean
- Can be easily folded into its compact storage
- Smooth rolling wheels for easy transportation
- Height can be adjusted
- Comes with a thick cushioning for maximum comfort
- Some have complained about a rather strong smell after the packaging has been opened
- Wheels can be a little difficult to lock in place.
This is the best kind of workstation for artists who are looking for the compact, quality and comfortable working table to get their piece of art done in comfortable position and good posture. Or it can be great for artists for traveling too.
2. Yaheetech Beauty Rolling Trolley Cart Equipment Mobile Salon Spa Service Instrument Hairdressing Storage Tray W/Accessory Caddy Aluminum Black
- Holds everything easily.
- Easy to put together.
- Made of aluminum.
- Very light, easy to lift and move.
- Very good price for the quality.
- Makes really good gift.
- No instructions.
- The paint chips easily, cheap quality workmanship.
- You can really put only small amount of products in this as there is not much space.
- I don't know how to keep the products in order.
This is a very nice kit. The storage compartments around the edges are large enough to hold various items. The spatula area is really handy for spatula or any other item which you would use multiple times for design. I would like it if the carts were holding a little more goods as the compartments are not that big. The top compartment is also great for brushes but the other compartments are more for items that are not used as much. This is a very light weight cart but strong enough. I do like it and I put all my items on this cart and it keeps my station clean and organized. I am very satisfied with this purchase.
3. Topeakmart Professional Aluminum Rolling Salon Instrument Tray Trolley w/Caddy Black
- Set Includes 10 pcs of Tattoo Tools, including one L-shaper, one round shader, one liner, one detail shader, 4 inks, 4 tattoo needles,one pen, 4 clamps,
- Tool Organizer Boxis made of stiff board,which can make the tools be combined together firmly and steadily, easy to transport,
- Rolling Tray is made of strong steel for easy moving,it can handle up to 20kg of weight,having 2 wheels at the side for balancing,
- Rubber Wheels avoid sharp corner and protect instrument surface, providing maximum comfort and safety for your Tattoo work,
- Angle Adjustable Caddy has 4 adjustable slots,its shelves can be adjusted just like a drawer, building your own organizational system,
- Precise Work and High Quality make it quite different from the others,it is stable,durable and convenient,it assure to provide first class tattoo tools and organized working environment
You might need to drill a few holes to make it work for you.
Everything else is just perfect.
4. Norwood Commercial Furniture Adjustable-Height Mobile Black Plastic Utility AV Cart
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Built in electrical outlets
- Plenty of storage space
- Measures 37″L x 17″D 8″H
This mobile workstation is fantastic for office workers who need a lot of storage space and the ability to move their workspace quickly.
The power strip on the right side of the cart is a handy way to add some more power to your set-up and is a great option for workers who do a lot of different crafts like painting or using a glue gun.
The height is adjustable, however, some reviewers have found that it doesn’t reach as tall as advertised. Check the height against the seat of your desk before purchasing it.
5. ROCKPOINT HX NSF Stainless Steel Commercial Kitchen Prep & Work Table
- Strong Construction
- Easy to set up
- Non-skid feet
- Clever magnetic work surface great for mixing
- The Table is NSF certified which ensures it is built to US Health Code standards which means it is safe for food prep
- Can be difficult and time consuming to assemble
- The sides of the table can flex upwards during use
- No drawer
- The top of the table is not smooth
- Some complaints about the weight capacity
This is not the most expensive and high-end tattoo workstation on the market, however, it does come with a 5 year manufacturer warranty and that is a great reassurance. Some artist complain that it is jerky and the sliders themselves are not extremely smooth. Although this is not a super smooth table, it is more than enough for the average professional tattooing shop.
6. SD Studio Designs 13326 Comet Center
- High quality
- Foldable (make it easy to carry and store)
- Comes with a stool
- A little low
- I think it's a little expensive
If you're looking for the best tattoo workstation, the SD Studio Designs has you covered with this fantastic table. The table features a high-pressure laminate top so that it will be easy to clean and keep the studio looking tidy.
It's not just a table, though. This SD Studio Designs table also comes with an attached stool to provide an easy space for clients to sit as they get their new tattoo. There's also a clean and professional look which makes it a great way to add some style to your studio settings.
7. Saloniture Premium Aluminum Instrument Tray
- Organizes all of your tools and keeps them within reach
- Will fit perfectly in any size salon
- Sturdy construction
- Plenty of storage space
- The large size
- Affordable price for a high-quality product
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Accepts optional accessory trays
- Attractive and Quality Look
- The small size
- The silver coating on utensils can be removed easily
Saloniture is a premium, high-quality instrument tray that will help you stay organized. Backed with a lifetime warranty, this item can be used in home and professional hair salons alike, and will last.
This durable instrument tray comes in 2 sizes: 24 inch by 12 inch and 24 inch by 18 inch. It includes 10 removable instrument trays and an accessory tray that can also be removed.
The accessory caddy is perfect for storing your scissors, combs, brushes, hair dryer, and other personal items. It’s also great for keeping your shampoo, conditioner, and/or hair products close by.
8. Framar Premium Salon Folding Trolley
- Solid build
- Plenty of storage
- Great for professionals
If you want a great, high-quality workstation for your tattoo shop than the Framar Premium salon folding trolley is for you.
With a great design to offer, the Framar Premium salon folding trolley is a great value for money considering that it is one of the best work stations a tattoo artist could ask for.
Covered by a two-year warranty, this trolley has a stylish and durable aluminum finish. Which makes it not only a great looking workstation but also strong and durable.
9. TAT TECH Portable Colapsable Tray Work Station Table Desk
- Great for working on small projects
- Sturdy with a good weight distribution
- The fold up table comes with a leg for stability
- The pen/marker drawer comes with a padlock to keep your stuff secure inside
- Easy to transport
- Able to hold laptops and speakers
- Can only hold up to 15 pounds
- The mouse tray can be awkward
I did a lot of research for this design plan in five years. I have used a lot of different workstations in hundreds of shops and the most common problems are surface area and weight. The following are the important features I have learned from tattoo artist and tattoo stains when writing this article.
This Tattoo Table comes with a leg, so it's very stable. It's light enough to easily pick up and move where you like. The best thing about is its mobile. You can transport it virtually everywhere. As for the design, it can make you feel comfortable when working.
10. Giantex Mayo Rolling Aluminum Tray Cart
- This is a great stand for someone who is looking to store and organize their tools and adding a bit of mobility for when they are working on a client.
- It’s a bit on the heavy side, specifically because the casters that come with it are so high quality, but it’s still very manageable.
- The look of the product is great. It doesn’t have unnecessary features, it’s very sleek and well designed.
- The finish on the aluminum makes it feel like it’s a quality product and made to last.
- The tray only swivels one way. It doesn’t rotate around the whole stand so you have to wait for it to come around if you want to get to something in the back.
- The tray is very sturdy and made well, but it’s very deep and if you have small items you might have a hard time getting to them.
- The paint is leftovers from the plastic, which has raised some concerns about potential chemicals.
For Artist, Massage Therapist, Hair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best tattoo style?
If you are wondering what exactly the tattoo style is that is the most popular this year, it is the minimalist style. Celebrities and tattoo enthusiasts all over the world are going minimalist.
In a minimalist tattoo design, only one or two colors are used to create a simple and bold tattoo design. There is no room for small details here.
What is the best tattoo gun on the market?
This is a question that there really is no perfect answer. There are innumerable tattoo gun types on the market with each varying in their own quality and style. However, there are a few models and brands that you can purchase that are considered to be the best tattoo needle.
The Innovo, Sketch Pro, Monster, The Dream Machine, and more is known for being high quality and long lasting machines. They also offer a wide variety of settings and they are simple to use. The cost is reasonable but if you are saving up for a tattoo gun, these products are worth buying.
How much do the best tattoo artists charge per hour?
Staying busy is key to staying in business and making a profit. For tattoo artists, the best way to stay busy is to have more appointments scheduled. You can do a number of things to attract more clients, but it all begins with letting people know you are open for business.
It is important to remember that you cannot force people to get tattoos from you. There are going to be lots of other great tattoo artists who work in your area, so you are competing for clients not only with others in your area, but also with those across the country. This is why having a great portfolio is important.
What tattoo ink lasts the longest?
Some people might wonder why tattoo artists put so much focus on tattoo ink. It is for a good reason. You want a tattoo to last as long as the artist tells you. Part of keeping it from fading fast is using inks made for tattooing. The ink in cartridges sold by the major manufacturers is the best.
If you are buying online, generally the best ink comes from reputable tattoo manufacturers. They constantly make improvements to the ink to ensure quality.
For those who like to shop at physical stores, some artists only use ink made for tattooing. In many cases, the ink will be sold at the counter. However, you should still ask questions as to the quality of the ink in these products. Your tattoo artist should be able to recommend a good station.
We’ve researched extensively and have identified what we feel are the most stellar options for tattoo artists who want to craft their own tattoo workstation. We looked for durability and practicality first, with a strong focus on ergonomics and design to ensure the tasks at hand are made as comfortable as possible.