This is because of the minerals in the water. If you have hard water, you need to use a shampoo for soft water to adjust the minerals content, because minerals in the water can strip your hair of its natural oils. That’s where we come in!
Using our knowledge and the testing we’ve done, we now have a list of the top 10 best shampoos for soft water in 2021.
|BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo||Best Overall|
|Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo||Budget Pick|
|Nioxin System 2 Cleanser Shampoo||Upgrade Pick|
1. BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo
- It leaves your hair deep penetrating clean and manageable
- It doesn’t only cleanse your hair it removes the build up as well
- All of the buildup from styling products, pollution, dirt, etc. in your hair is removed
- It smells very nice
- It’s color safe for colored hair
- It’s made with no Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, or Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- It can be used for all hair types: dry, curly, straight color treated, and more.
- There are no shampoo or conditioners that are 100% natural, so it’s difficult finding something that works completely for all hair types.
- It leaves your hair feeling very dry, which is common with shampoos like this, which may be the reason why it is so effective.
- Because of the high content of cleansing ingredients, some people may experience a tingling or stinging sensation on their scalp.
All Styles, All Day Long.
2. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo
- Protects colored hair
- Made of natural moisturizing ingredients
- Sulfate free
- Smells delightful
- One of the best for soft water
- The shampoo is very concentrated (so a little goes a long way)
- Can be slightly drying
Most of the top rated shampoos for chlorine-treated hair are a hybrid of sorts. They moisturize the hair without weighing it down like silicone does. They also have a conditioning effect without leaving a shiny residue.
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Anti-Frizz Shampoo is one of the few sulfate free shampoos that does a pretty good job at moisturizing hair. It is also incredibly gentle.
Most silicone-based products are meant for people with extremely dry hair. This product is for most hair types. It is a conditioner that really moisturizes hair.
3. Nioxin System 2 Cleanser Shampoo
- Available at affordable prices
- Best for natural hair
- Minimal to no hair loss
- Makes thinning hair appear denser and fuller
- Gentle, sulfate-free formula
- Cleanses the scalp and revitalizes hair follicles for fresh healthy hair
- Targeted treatment for natural grey hair
- Tames frizzy hair and adds shine
- Leaves hair feeling smooth and manageable
This natural hair cleanser contains Biotin which strengthens the hair and works to promote stronger hair. It also contains Zinc PCA, an active ingredient that helps to amplify hair follicles and minimize hair loss. The active ingredients effectively get rid of a dry, flaky scalp.
This shampoo also contains botanical ingredients which cleanses the hair and scalp leaving the hair soft and shinier, giving a wonderful natural hair voluminous look. The ingredients are also gentle enough to use twice a week to maintain a strengthened/healthy scalp and hair follicles.
4. Tea Tree Special Shampoo
- Checks all the right boxes
- Packaging is sturdy
- Shower proof
- No added fragrance
- Versatile usage: can be used for hair, body, and face
- Rich and lathering
- Long lasting
This shampoo by Aveda is very much like the name itself! It has a really pleasant smell of tea tree that is both fresh and clean, yet earthy. It does not leave the hair rough or scaly at all. The formula is very rich and lathering, so you won’t have to take a load of times with each application.
The shampoo can be used on your hair, face, or body, as it creates a really nice, non-oily lather that doesn’t dry out your skin but at the same time cleanses it while leaving a nice scent behind. It also has a refreshing tendency, which makes it a great product to use if you’re feeling a little under the weather. Conclusion: This product is highly recommendable for those who have sensitive, irritated or dry hair that is damaged, and need a product that won’t strip or dry out their hair, but will still give it a nice, clean feeling.
5. TRESemmé Cleansing Shampoo
- Gently cleanses hair while absorbing excess oil
- Natural extracts condition the hair
The TRESemmé Cleansing Shampoo is a rather inexpensive and simple shampoo that smells great and cleans the hair without stripping it.
The shampoo contains three different natural ingredients that help the hair at different stages of the cleansing process: Vitamin C at the beginning, green tea in the middle, and conditioners at the end.
6. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo
- Great for all hair types including curly & dry
- Attain smooth & shiny hair
- Doesn’t weigh hair down
- Leaves hair feeling clean & fresh
- Doesn’t lather
- Doesn’t smell like coconuts
Neutrogena’s Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo is suitable for all hair types. It’s specially formulated to remove buildup from your hair using natural coconut cleansers.
Once you have cleansed your hair, then it’s time to add a conditioner. The thick conditioner will prevent further hair damage and prevent your hair from being exposed to free radicals. You don’t have to use a conditioner every time you wash your hair. In fact, you probably shouldn’t use a conditioner every time.
7. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo
- Price tag
- Fragrance lasts for a long time
- Comes with a conditioner
- Great for sensitive skin
Third time’s the charm— Fekkai’s Apple Cider Shampoo makes my top list for the third consecutive year. Every season has an apple scent and if I were to guess I would say it’s a mix of ripe apples and apple cinnamon, at least that’s what I smell.
It’s not all fragrance though— it’s also a fantastic conditioner. Several customer reviews praised its ability to tame their frizzy hair pretty quickly. Not everyone likes the floral smell of scented shampoos and conditioners, especially when they have allergies.
If you do like it, you’ll love the fact that it smells like flowers for hours after you’re done. Filtering out chlorine and odor using a shower head isn’t going to do much if you use a shampoo and conditioner that doesn’t neutralize the chemicals.
8. Shampoo for Oily Hair & Oily Scalp
- Least expensive clarifying shampoo on Amazon
- Extremely gentle but efficient cleanser
- Helps to prevent hair loss
- Perfect for oily hair, dandruff, and itchy scalp
- USDA certified product
- Quantity is moderately less
- Contains substances that might be problematic for some users.
This clarifying shampoo removes all dirt and residues from the scalp, without stripping the natural oils from the scalp. It will help with hair loss, and itchy scalp. It can be used daily without any problems. It has a very natural and pleasant scent of herbs that will make you feel more relaxed.
Key ingredients: This clarifying shampoo contains natural ingredients, such as: aloe vera juice, rosemary extract, tea tree oil, peppermint oil.
Marks: This product has USDA organic certification, it will give healthier, softer, more beautiful hair. It will help you to battle dandruff and itchy scalp. It will clean the scalp from dirt and hair products residues that might be harmful. It will give a nice fresh scent to your hair, and prevent hair loss.
9. Vitamin Shampoo
The shampoo and conditioner by Vitamin Bounty are created to promote healthy hair and scalp. The shampoo can be used every few days to clean oily and dandruff prone hair.
As far as I can tell, the only ingredients in this hair cleaning product is water, not water, glycerin, and there may be some lemon peel in it. An ingredient I’m confused as to whether it should be listed or not.
There seems to be no alcohol or paraben in this shampoo or conditioner, but we can’t be sure all of the chemicals used to create it are listed. This makes buying the shampoo a gamble at best.
10. Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo
- Beautifully soft hair
- Won’t dry hair out, making it a good choice for those with dry hair.
- The Scalp Soothing Shampoo has a fresh natural smell.
The Aveeno Scalp Soothing Shampoo contains the herbal blend of eucalyptus and sage with the added power of apple cider vinegar. It has been clinically proven to reduce dandruff, flaking, dryness, scaling, itching, and discomfort.
This is an excellent choice for those with dry scalps and those with normal hair. Although the Scalp Soothing Shampoo is almost odorless, it does have a slightly medicinal smell. This is because of the natural ingredients that it contains.
According to the manufacturer, this shampoo is designed to be gentle enough for everyday use.
11. PURA D'OR Apple Cider Vinegar Thin2Thick Set Shampoo Conditioner
- Amazon's choice for best hair loss shampoo
- Can be used as a clarifying shampoo
- Combines Japanese vinegar with organic apple cider vinegar
- Helps support healthy hair growth
- Offers thickening properties
- Might not be for men with oily hair
- Does not offer superior shine
The PURA D’OR Apple Cider Vinegar boasts a women’s and men’s version of this cleaning formula. The consistency of this product is somewhere between a thick liquid and the gel-like consistency typically associated with hair care products. It offers a pleasant scent (the women’s version has a stronger scent than the men’s).
PURA D’Or Apple Cider Vinegar Thinning Hair Shampoo is loaded with anti-aging benefits. It’s designed for women and men who are experiencing hair loss. Hair loss can be caused by a slew of different things ‗ stress, poor diet, medications, genetics, aging, hormones, and more. Hair loss can also signal certain medical conditions ‗ so it’s important to consult your doctor if you’re experiencing hair loss.
12. Pure Biology Premium Revivahair Biotin Shampoo
- Many premium features like an anti-aging solution; ultra moisturizing serum, and a DHT blocker
- No sulfates, parabens or harsh chemicals
- No filler or binders; gives out up to 48 washes
- Thicker and fuller scalp hair growth
- Minimal shedding and new hair growth
- Not great for oily or sensitive scalps
- Not a multi-purpose solution
6.8 oz (200 ml)
The Pure Biology Premium Revivahair Biotin Clarifying Shampoo is an advanced hair thickening and filling formula for fine, thinning hair.
It promotes hair growth on areas that require extra stimulation. It also strengthens each strand of hair leaving it feeling smooth, thick and healthy.
13. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Hair Conditioner Set –
- It has high value for money
- It has a pleasant smell
- It is not tested on animals
- There were no harmful chemicals found
- It covers a lot of hair for the given quantity
- It dries thin hair quickly
- It can be a bit runny for people with longer hair
If you are looking for an inexpensive yet effective apple cider vinegar hair care product, then look no further than the WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Shampoo & Conditioner.
The WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Shampoo & Conditioner contains natural ingredients and can restore your hair to a healthy state. It works best for everyday use or for your hair care regimen.
It deeply hydrates while also making your hair extremely shiny. Your hair is left completely soft and manageable after using. This product has no sulfates or parabens, so users have nothing to worry about.
14. ThickTails Hair Growth Shampoo
- It is pretty easy to use
- Great for hair loss issues
- Great for both thick and thin hair
- Contains moisturizers that hydrate your hair
- Contains biotin that helps with hair growth
- The initial smell of the product is too strong for people
- You might experience flaky scalp after using this product for some time
& Vitamins, Argan Oil, Keratin Protein.
ThickTails Hair Growth Shampoo is a great product that offers thick and voluminous hair.
It actually does what it promises on the box. While different customers experienced various improvements, most of them noticed fuller and thicker hair after using the product for few weeks. If your hair is going through a period of bad phase, this shampoo will help you to recover from it. The product ingredients are good, which include keratin, biotin, argan oil, capsicum, and other essential vitamins. They will slowly get absorbed into your body and also your hair follicles. Organic ingredients in the product are designed to tackle hair issues such as thinning and hair loss. What does the shampoo do? It helps to reduce the DHT concentration on your scalp and block its negative effects. The DHT is a hormone which can have a negative impact on the quality of your hair. This ingredient also helps in making you feel healthy and confident as it improves the quality of your hair.
15. Fiora Naturals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- This hair loss shampoo has high quality natural ingredients which make it safe to use.
- The best thing about this shampoo is that its safe to use because its burns and irritation free.
- It has amazing smell because of the natural ingredients.
- Some of the users have complained that this hair loss shampoo has some issues with soaping mechanism.
- If the finger used the scoop function to touch the floor then the finger will be dirty.
Pyrithione Zinc,Niacin,Biotin, Saw Palmetto, Coconut Oil,Rice Amino Acids,Argan Oil, Emu Oil,Collagen.
When it comes to compliments then Fiora Naturals Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Set gets them all day long. It smells great, its sulfate-free, it has nourishing and biotin-rich ingredients, and it is for both men and women.
This shampoo has been tested and holds the proper combination of hair thickness, body and luster. I was a huge fan of this shampoo after the first use and I mostly enjoyed the healing and moisturizing effects I got from it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best shampoo for soft water?
A couple of steps will ensure that your next hair washing is a soft water Ê¼“shampooingÊ¾ experience:
Find a shampoo that is designed for Ëœsoft waterÊ½.
Many shampoos advertise themselves as being for Ê¼Ëœhard waterÊ½, because it seems to be an easier sell. However, any shampoo designed for hard water doesnÊ¼t have the cleaning strength needed for your soft water.
Use cold water.
Add no more than a pea-sized drop of shampoo to your palm in order to minimize lather buildup.
Rinse and repeat.
If you repeat the washing process with cold water, around five times, you should be able to adequately get your hair clean. (Use warm water the first time through to achieve the best combination of cleaning without drying.)
What is the best moisture shampoo and conditioner?
First, you must be aware that the best shampoo and conditioner for soft water and hard water differ. This is because hard water (which contains higher levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium) is more difficult to dissolve. So, if your water is hard, look for a shampoo that will allow for more dissolution. Using conditioner on soft water has the opposite effect because it actually clashes with the balance of salt and water your hair needs to remain healthy.
So, as noted above, hard water needs to dissolve, which means you want to use a shampoo with a buffer in it, something that will resist and help prevent mineral buildup. This prevents hair from feeling dry, stripped, and dull.
Which is the best shampoo for soft and silky hair?
To get soft and silky hair, you need to find the best shampoo for soft water.
There are so many different shampoos available today, there is no way to know if they are going to work for soft water hair.
Soft water shampoos have uses and they do work to improve the feeling of your hair, but they can be acidic.
Product Review: shampoos containing soft water
Some of the best shampoos for soft water have moisture-rich formulas that contain ingredients like panthenol and glycerin.
Product Review: 2 in 1 shampoos for soft water
A good 2-in-1 shampoo can give you an easy, economical, and travel-friendly option for cleaning and styling your hair.
Product Review: An oily texture shampoo for soft water
Which water is good for hair hard or soft?
Before moving forward, let’s talk about the difference between hard and soft water. Hard water contains minerals like calcium that are not great for hair. You can tell if your water is hard by noticing a ring of mineral buildup in your toilet or on your shower walls. Soap scum is another sign that you may have hard water. If you have visible mineral deposits, we recommend using a conditioner that contains silicones. They help protect your hair from the buildup.
Soft water contains few minerals. While this isn’t always great news for a shower, it’s a wonderful thing for your hair. The less minerals there are in the water, the less the shampoo will strip out essential hair oils. You should, however, avoid using any harsh shampoos that have oil-stripping agents to begin with.
Well, water hardness is definitely an issue when you are looking for the best shampoo for soft water. After all, a high level of hardness is what makes water hard. If you are having trouble deciding what shampoo to buy, we hope this guide will help you. We’re sure you will find a brand and product that’s perfect for your hair.
|BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo||Best Overall|
|Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo||Budget Pick|
|Nioxin System 2 Cleanser Shampoo||Upgrade Pick|