What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants are molecules that protect our bodies from the harmful effects of free radicals, which cause damage to cells and DNA. Free radicals are caused by the body’s exposure to the environment. They also are created when we consume foods containing oxygen.
What are Antioxidant Serums?
Antioxidant serums are beauty products. They are applied directly to the skin. If you’re looking for the best antioxidant serums, keep reading.
|Eau Thermale Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum||Best Overall|
|Vitamin C Serum||Budget Pick|
|Hyaluronic Acid Serum||Upgrade Pick|
1. Eau Thermale Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum
- Surprisingly affordable
- Feels silky and is not greasy
- Hydrating and lightweight
- Really helps with dark spots
- Paraben-free, alcohol-free
- Relief is slow but worth the wait
- Charcoal smell is not pleasant; the product claim
- Is that it absorbs almost instantly
This is a serum designed to repair, soften and protect the skin. I’ve been trying this for a few weeks now and I’ve gotta say, I’m happy with it. Made in France and fresh to the US, this has a comforting and honest feel to it. It’s light and lathers, it’s balanced and hard to screw up. It’s even safe for sensitive skin.
The smell of the product is the smell of fresh raw soybean. The smell is not bad or unbearable, it’s just a plus. I’ve also noticed that this isn’t greasy, which is great. Amazingly light weight yet it works. This is the ideal serum for women like me, who live out in the only and has an outdoor tan or a skin tone similar to mine.
2. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum
- This formula absorbs quickly into your skin for a luminous appearance.
- It’s made with high-quality ingredients.
- It’s an affordable product.
- This serum is cruelty-free and vegan.
- It’s organic.
- The product is easy to use.
- This formula doesn’t include SPF.
- It’s not for individuals with sensitive skin.
- This serum doesn’t come with a dropper.
- This formula takes a couple of weeks to see results.
This serum contains vitamins A, C, and E, as well as aloe vera, jojoba, and rosehip oil.
3. CeraVe Vitamin C Serum
- Maximum strength vitamin C serum
- Made in USA
- Won’t clog pores
I have used many vitamin C products over the years. They’ve ranged from thick and cosmetically elegant to watery and virtually invisible. This serum is somewhere in the middle, with a consistency that’s light and thinner than most other C serums that are designed for the face.
The antioxidants that it provides penetrated my skin pretty quickly and left my face feeling a little tighter. It was also gentle enough that it didn’t cause any redness or flaking.
Bottom line: If you’re looking for a lightweight vitamin C serum for the face, this one is a good option. It’s a great option for sun protection, too. It’s a little expensive, but when you think how much you’re getting, it’s really a pretty good value.
4. Energize Vitamin C Serum
- The serum is made with high quality ingredients
- Noticeable Reduction in the Appearance of Fine Lines, Wrinkles and Dark Circles
- Smooth and Moisturizing Formula
- Customer complaints of the product’s pump issues
- The packaging may be a turnoff for some
- It is quite expensive for a product’s volume
This serum is a combination of vitamin C, vitamin E, aloe vera, and green tea extracts. It is believed that each of these ingredients have the ability to promote a youthful appearance by reducing inflammation, increasing collagen production, and restoring the skin’s natural elasticity.
The Energize Vitamin C Serum is not just high in vitamin C and aloe vera but will rejuvenate and hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and wrinkle free.
The product is also paraben free making it easier on sensitive skin types. Customers and skin specialists all want to know where the anti-aging serum is for women and men.
5. TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Lightweight hydration
- Perform well under makeup
- One of the few formulas that contain both hyaluronic acid and vitamin C
- No harsh fragrances
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant.
- Some customers felt the price was too expensive
- Some customers found the vitamin C too harsh for daily use and needed to reduce the frequency of application
TruSkin Vitamin C Super Serum is an antioxidant serum that helps to repair the skin and protect it against external stress. This product is designed for all skin types. It is made without any parabens, glutens, or sulfates. This product is also equipped with retinol. Retinol helps with firmness, dryness, texture, wrinkles and dullness. This product also has hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, vitamin E, salicylic acid, and niacinamide.
These ingredients help with firming, elasticity, and brightness. It eliminates dark spots, evens skin tone, and helps with redness.
Reviewers find this product very lightweight and use super in conjunction with daily sunscreen application. They have found that it is a high-quality product that is well worth the money and does the job well.
6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Multivitamin Hydrating & Revitalizing Face Serum
- Hydrates and moisturizes dry skin
- Helps even skin tone
- Non-greasy formula
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Serum boasts of a unique combination of hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin E that will protect your skin against harmful UVA/UVB rays and help improve your skin elasticity.
The serum also contains zinc PCA, which can help promote the production of collagen, particularly in your skin. This goes a long way in helping to restore skin elasticity.
Older skin tends to be dry, and not as elastic. While younger skin tends to be less dry and more elastic. One of the key ingredients in this serum, hyaluronic acid, helps to boost moisture in your skin. If you have dry skin, this helps to hydrate that skin and keeps it feeling soft and supple.
7. Vitamin C Serum
- Provides skin with a lasting hydration effect
- Tightens and reduces pores after first use
- 20 times more stable than other Vitamin C products and is safe for even the sensitive skin
- No irritation, redness, discoloration or peeling
- Packed with Vitamin C from “non-GMO” sources
- No Parabens
- No Propylene Glycol
- No mineral oil
- No artificial fragrance fillers or colorants
- Does not contain other ingredients such as formaldehyde, and alcohols that are linked to cancer
- There is no exfoliating quality, which was the insuperior advantage that overpriced aestheticians have.
- It is necessary to use another moisturizer if the weather is dry.
- You need several weeks of use before you will see a noticeable difference
Dr. Axe says, “The vitamin C serum is a vitamin used to treat acne. It can also be used as an anti-aging treatment, because of its anti-oxidizing effects.”
8. Paula's Choice SKIN RECOVERY Super Antioxidant Serum
- Great for minimizing the look of pores and fine lines
- Absorbs fairly quickly with minimal residue
- Consistent use leads to visible texture improvement
- Packaging/pump doesn’t work very efficiently
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Serum with Retinol, 1 ounce tube is a good choice if you are looking to fight the development of premature aging signs. This serum uses natural ingredients and provides noticeable benefits.
Paula’s choice is never tested on animals and it is also free from alcohol, GMO, fragrance, gluten, soy, sulfates, mineral oil, and any synthetic dyes. It is also a cruelty free product.
This serum comes in a small pump bottle which is handy and easy to store. The serum is clear without any smell and is hydrating enough. It is also fragrance-free, so it is suitable for all skin types.
9. IMAGE Skincare Ormedic Balancing Antioxidant Serum
- It quickly foams up to the size of a dime
- It is very hydrating and nourishing
- It leaves the skin feeling soft; not oily like some
- It doesn’t clog pores
- It is good for dry but not sensitive skin
- The purchase comes with a 30 day money back guarantee
- You get a lot of product for the price
- The fragrance is quite strong
- May cause breakouts for sensitive skin
- It doesn’t contain SPF protection
- Doesn’t absorb as easily as other serums
The IMAGE Skincare Ormedic Balancing Serum is my top pick for acne sufferers or those with sensitive skin. That’s because it doesn’t contain any essential oils and it does absorb easily and won’t clog your pores.
The Ormedic Balancing Antioxidant serum will not break you out and does an amazing job at balancing oily skin, while still hydrating and nourishing the skin.
It is pretty impressive for an oil-free serum and it does work as a fantastic moisturizer under makeup. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and super soft.
10. Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Contains 1.5% of pure hyaluronic acid
- A little hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- Face feels smooth after application
- Will hydrate your skin
- Can be expensive for its size
- Would be better if it came with other treatment products
L'Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a good anti-aging skin care product. It will hydrate and moisturize your skin for a smoother make up application. One drawback is that, it should contain other treatment ingredients aside from the hyaluronic acid ingredient.
It would have been a lot better if it came with other treatment products such as retinol and some sort of vitamin c product to make up for the lack of the other treatment ingredients. Otherwise, I will say it is a good product to use for skin hydration and moisture.
11. M3 Naturals Eye Cream Infused
- Refresh your eyes with younger looking
- Simply apply it to your affected areas
- Instantly reduce dark circles and crows feet
- Promote healthy skin
- Smooth out wrinkles
- Decreases puffiness and helps with allergies
- M3 Naturals is an Ophthalmologist tested and vegan certified
- While we love the easy of bottle packaging this product
- We wish it came with an applicator brush
- Due to the size of the container it may not last very long if you're using it every day
The M3 Naturals Eye Cream is infused with collagen stem cell, and hyaluronic acid for helping to get rid of unwanted lines and wrinkles. This eye cream will also decrease puffiness and dark circles, as well as hydrate your skin.
―Use it alone, or complement it with a serum, moisturizer, or other face product.
―Non-greasy and hypoallergenic, gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.
12. Eve Hansen Vitamin C Serum
- Natural ingredients
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Might burn when applied
- Bottle leaks sometimes
Antioxidants help to protect the skin from damage caused from the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are atoms or molecules that have been damaged by free radical fighting enzymes in the body.
Free radicals have unpaired electrons, so to protect the body’s important parts from further damage, our bodies try to use antioxidants to repair the free radicals proton by proton.
The problem is that free radicals are too small to be reached by regular antioxidants, and bigger (and badder) free radicals can’t be repaired. However, by applying a natural antioxidant serum to your face, you can increase the amounts of free radicals that can be repaired, increase the production of antioxidants, and give your skin the protection it needs.
13. Dr Song Vitamin C
- Provides fine lines and wrinkles treatment
- Protects against UV damage, environmental aggressors and promotes natural collagen to improve skin texture
- Simple to use
The Dr Song Vitamin C Serum is a light and highly concentrated serum that absorbs into skin easily. It’s formulated with eight powerful anti-aging essential oils and nutrients that can significantly slow down the aging process.
The Vitamin C Serum claims to improve the quality of skin texture, the reduction of dark spots, wrinkles and appearance of fine lines and pores. I’ve tried this Vitamin C serum for a couple of months now and can’t find any flaw.
The only thing I noticed is that sometimes the bottle leaked and spilled content on the sides.
14. Vitamin C Serum Plus 2% Retinol
- All Natural Ingredients
- 2% Retinol
- 10% Vitamin C
- 3.5% Niacinamide
- 5% Hyaluronic Acid
- Only 2 star reviews
- Tea Tree Oil is an ingredient so there is a risk of skin irritation
This best seller is an all natural anti-aging serum with retinol. The other actives are Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, and Salicylic Acid. This serum claims to regenerate skin while preventing future signs of aging. This product also contains 20 percent vitamin C which is one of the highest vitamin C concentrations in products available.
This was a favorite of mine with amazing results. I did notice that this product completely dissolved my vitamin c moisturizer. I thought this was strange, since vitamin c and oil usually create an emulsion. I don’t recommend applying a vitamin C serum on top of olive oil moisturizers. Other than that, I loved the texture, quality, and results of this product.
15. Organic Face Serum
- Contains advanced ingredients that combat the signs of aging
- Fades wrinkles
- Reduces signs of scars & dark spots
- Has a nice luxurious scent
- No sticky or greasy feeling
- Eco-friendly & natural
- No harmful filler added to the serum
- Leaves the skin feeling soft & moisturised
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Great for smoothening & softening skin
As we grow older our skin gets looser, more sagging, fine lines and wrinkles start to appear. Even though the skin around the eyes does not sag like the skin on the others parts of our body, it can, however, loose its elasticity.
An anti-aging serum helps the skin by locking in the moisture and fighting against signs of aging. When you apply it to the skin on a daily basis, it improves the skins elasticity, thus causing the skin to be more firm and youthful than it used to be.
Both men and women over the age of 35 start to notice the first signs of aging.
16. Green Tea Matcha Revitalizing Serum
- Made with natural ingredients
- Makes your skin feel smooth
- Great for aging skin
- It is quite expensive
- It is unlikely to have a lasting effect without a moisturizer
(Without Fragrance, Dyes or Parabens)
Green Tea Matcha Revitalizing Serum comes in beautiful glass bottle that is very high quality. The glass is of a thick quality and is safe to use and doesn’t have a chance of cracking or breaking in your beauty bag.
You will also immediately notice that the glass bottle is quite heavy, confirming the fact that the product uses very high quality glass.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best antioxidant serum?
A real answer to this question is subjective. An answer consisting of a one size fits all is rather tricky because everyone’s requirements and criteria are different.
It does not help that the beauty industry is a big business. As with any industry, other people’s interests are often your own. For example, because certain companies sell more of a product or use a particular product more frequently than others, they tend to speculate on a rise in need for that said product.
You can say then that the best antioxidant serum is that which combats more free radical damage than other competing brands.
What Vitamin C serum is the most effective?
Given that vitamin c is an excellent antioxidant it is understandable why serum containing vitamin C is one of the most employed skin care treatments.
The effectiveness of vitamin C varies greatly depending on the concentration of vitamin C in the serum. However, it is important to consult with a dermatologist before starting any vitamin C treatment. The dermatologist will be able to evaluate your skin and determine how concentrated vitamin C should be in order to be effective but not cause side effects.
Here are some of the serums that contain the most effective amount of vitamin C.
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic ($ 154 for one oz.)
This serum is a great product for fighting against free radicals and due to its formula it has provided visible results that you can see. It contains 15% pure vitamin E and 15% pure vitamin C which one of the highest concentrations available in skin care products in the market.
What is the best brand of hyaluronic acid serum?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance. It is actually found in almost every cell and tissue of our bodies. Hyaluronic acid is also the substance that makes our skin soft, smooth, and youthful. We lose hyaluronic acid as we age, causing our skin to become more dry, wrinkly, and atrophied. By introducing hyaluronic acid into the skin, we can prevent the aging process and restore the skin to its original state.
You’ll want to think about your skin care routine as a marathon, not a sprint. You can’t expect that you are going to wake up one day and have beautiful skin. Skin care is just like anything else in life – if you fail to maintain it, it will fail you.
What is the best firming serum?
Softer, smoother skin is the ideal. But you have to ask yourself, what is the best firming serum? The answer depends on your personal needs and skin type. There are many important factors to keep in mind.
Here are a few examples of factors that you should consider when shopping for any firming serum:
Price: how much are you willing to spend on this serum?
Moisturizing: will the product moisturize your skin enough for your needs?
Scent: possibility of being allergic to the scent of the serum.
Budget: will you be able to afford the serum if it is expensive?
If a tub of antioxidant serum sounds interesting to you, but you're not quite sure how to navigate this heavy duty category love the skin care world, this article provides the information you need to boost your knowledge about this ingredient, and then we tell you how to use it. In this guide, we cut through the acronyms and marketing noise to bring you the 17 best antioxidant serums of the year that are tried, tested, and true. These antioxidant serums are all pure and free of fragrance, packed with the strongest antioxidants found in nature, and selected based on their effectiveness at meeting each unique need.
|Eau Thermale Avene A-Oxitive Antioxidant Defense Serum||Best Overall|
|Vitamin C Serum||Budget Pick|
|Hyaluronic Acid Serum||Upgrade Pick|